Something for the fruit lovers among you. A simple light dough with jam. You are welcome to adjust the variety of jam to your taste. I like especially cherry or currant, but apricot or apple are great choices as well.-Nicole
- 250 g Flour
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 100 g Powdered Sugar
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1 Pck. Vanilla Sugar
- 2 Egg yolks
- 150 g Butter
- 4 TBSP Red Currant Jam
Here’s how to do it
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add sugar, salt, vanilla sugar and the egg yolks. Cut the butter into pieces and add them to the bowl. Knead all the ingredients with your hands until you have a smooth dough. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper and preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Once the dough has rested, shape it into about 42 balls and place them on the baking trays with a little space between them. Use a floured wooden spoon to make a cavity in the center of each dough ball. You can use any round object you have at hand.
- Then heat the jam slightly while stirring until it becomes liquid and fill it with a teaspoon into the cavities of the cookies.
- Put the trays one after the other into the oven for about 10 minutes. Then take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool on a rack.
If you are now in the mood for baking and need more inspiration for Christmas cookies, check out our blog post!