with curd cheese and cherries
Belgian Waffles with curd cheese and cherries
For quite a bit now I am a huge waffle fan! Whether with powdered sugar or cherries: waffles taste delicious in many ways and are quickly made, if you surprisingly have guests. This recipe is for Belgian waffles and includes low-fat curd cheese and buttermilk making them nice and fluffy. -Josefine
- 260 g Soft Butter
- 200 g Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 500 g Flour
- 1 Pk. Baking Powder
- 250 g Curd Cheese
- 150 g Buttermilk
- 1 Glass Morello Cherries
- 1 Pk. Vanilla Pudding Powder
Here’s how to do it
- Beat butter with sugar and vanilla sugar until fluffy. Stir in eggs.
- Next, mix the flour with the baking powder and then sift thoroughly so that there are no clumps in the dough later. Add to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Now carefully fold in the curd cheese and buttermilk and immediately start baking. With our waffle iron one waffle needed about 4-5 minutes baking time.
- Heat a jar of morello cherries in a saucepan. Separately, mix 3 tablespoons of the cherry juice well with the vanilla pudding powder and then add to the cherries. Simmer briefly until the sauce thickens. Done!