For the first time, I managed to make a cake that wasn't super rich. Yippee! Of course I want to share this with you, so I have written down the recipe for my blueberry torte below. I loved it because it's fruity and fresh at the same time. Enjoy!– Josefine
- 180 g Sugar
- 270 g Flour
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 Pck. Baking Powder
- 2 Pck. Vanilla Sugar
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 600 g Blueberries
- 1 TBSP Citric Acid
- 1 TBSP Water
- 500 g Whipping Cream
- 120 g Butter room temperature
- 450 g Cream Cheese
Here’s how to do it
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Keep butter and cream cheese at room temperature.
- Beat eggs with sugar and a packet of vanilla sugar until the mixture has at least doubled in volume.
- Combine flour with baking powder and salt and sift into egg mixture. Fold in carefully! Otherwise the dough will fall apart.
- Pour the batter into a 26 springform pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes. Let cool well and cut into three even layers.
- For the blueberry jam, bring about 400 g blueberries with 3 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp citric acid and 1 tbsp water to a simmer in a saucepan until the blueberries slowly break down and the mixture becomes viscous. Allow to cool.
- For the filling, whip 500 g of cream and set aside in a cool place.
- Whip soft butter with a packet of vanilla sugar until the mixture becomes creamy in consitency. Stir in cream cheese – one tablespoon at a time. Finally, gently fold in the cream.
- Now I added about 3 tablespoons of the blueberry jam to the mixture to get a nice light purple color for my cream.
- Now it's time for layering: Place the first layer in a cake ring and spread with a third of the cream. Spread some blueberry jam over the top to cover the entire surface. Repeat the same with the second cake layer.
- Place the third cake layer on top and spread the remaining cream all around. Additionally, some blueberry jam can be used to create a nice marbling effect. Try it out!
- Finally, the remaining blueberries can be arranged on the cake as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.