with fruity tomato sauce
I always feel like people either love or hate eggplant. I personally like them, especially when they are grilled or baked. For this recipe I breaded the eggplant and served it with a fruity tomato sauce. This dish goes well with naan or rice on the side.-Natascha
Nutrition per serving: 740 Kcal 18.9 g Fat | 111 g Carbs | 38 g Protein
- 1 Eggplant
- 3 Eggs
- Bread Crumbs
- 100 g Shredded Parmesan
- 3 Tomatoes
- 400 ml Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Dry Red Wine
Here’s how to do it
- Preheat the oven 200°C
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise into thin slices. Dab with a kitchen towel and then season with salt, pepper and oregano from both sides.
- Put the flour in a bowl. In a second bowl, whisk the eggs. In bowl number three, mix the breadcrumbs and the parmesan cheese.
- Now put the eggplant slices in the flour first, then in the eggs and finally cover with the breadcrumbs-parmesan mixture .
- Put them on a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- While the eggplant is in the oven, we can start working on the sauce. Cut the tomatoes and the onion into pieces and fry them in a pan with some olive oil at low heat.
- Deglaze with a dash of wine. Then add the crushed tomatoes and bring to the boil briefly.
- Now blend the sauce, if you don’t like it chunky (like me) and finally flavor it with some olive oil, the spices and honey. As a last step, press the fresh garlic into your sauce.
- Arrange the eggplant with your sauce and a side of your choice.