So far I have always bought vegetarian burger patties. Why? I actually don’t really know – probably because they taste very good, are not expensive and available in almost every store. However, you often do not know exactly what is really in industrial products – often they contain some hidden ingredients, which make the product last longer or look prettier. So I wanted to try it myself, and it’s really easy and delicious – give it a try!-Natascha
Nutrition: per patty: (440 Kcal (5.6 g Fat | 73.6 g Carbs | 28.9 g Protein)
- 50 g Broccoli
- 50 g Black Beans
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 70 g Mushrooms
- 1 Egg
- 30 g Breadcrumbs
- 15 g Parmesan
- Salt, Pepper
Here’s how to do it
- Dice broccoli, mushrooms, and green onions and chop into small pieces along with the beans using a food processor.
- Now squeeze out as much liquid as possible. This can be done either through a sieve or a nut milk bag. The less liquid, the less binding ingredients you need.
- Mix in a bowl with the egg, breadcrumbs and parmesan. Season with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Shape into patties with your hands and then they are ready for the grill or pan.
- Tip: If you have leftovers, simply use them to make vegetarian meatballs.
- Vegan? No big deal! Just leave out the cheese or use a vegan version. The egg can be replaced by flaxseed mixed with water.