I recently heard that we could show a few more recipes with meat. Attention all meat lovers: Here comes a hearty burger bomb with a lot of meat in the middle, which everyone loved at our last birthday party.. And of course, there’s a vegetarian alternative (see “Tips” below), so veggies can get their money (and pounds)’s worth, too. -Josefine
Tip: Vegetarians can easily replace the meat with a can of kidney beans (drained weight 250 g), 70 g oatmeal, 30 g flour and a small onion. Mix all the ingredients together and form into a patty. Fry on both sides for about 5 minutes.
- 12 Burger Buns
- 800 g Ground Meat
- 6 Red Onions
- 2 Cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 Glass Pickles
- 12 Cheese Slices
- 250 g Shredded Cheese
Here’s how to do it
- Grease a large baking dish or roasting pan well. Crumble the bottoms of the burger buns into small pieces and lay them out on the bottom.
- Fry the ground meat in a skillet and season well with salt and pepper. Add crushed tomatoes and season with salt, pepper and oregano. Add to burger crumbs while still hot. Cut onions into rings and sauté. Spread evenly on top of the tomato and ground beef mixture.
- Slice the tomatoes and layer them on top of the onions like a roof tile. Cut pickles into small slices and also distribute evenly. Season the casserole again generously with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Finally, spread the cheese slices over the entire surface Ans cover with the top halves of the burger buns. Sprinkle everything generously with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C for about 25 minutes.Done!