Everyone who knows me, knows that I am a huge fan of Caipirinha. Today I have baked a summery and fresh cake in Caipi-style. This is a kid-friendly version without alcohol in the filling, but for the original caipi taste you can swap the lime juice with Cachaca. Enjoy!-Josefine
- 6 Eggs
- 350 g Brown Sugar
- 140 g White Sugar
- 180 g Flour
- 1 Pk. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 Limes (organic)
- 300 g Cream Cheese
- 525 g Philadelphia Yogurt
- 100 g Plan Yogurt
- 2 cl Lime Juice (alternatively Cachaca)
Here’s how to do it
- Beat 6 eggs with 100 g brown sugar and 140 g white sugar until the mixture has approximately doubled in size.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and sift into the egg mixture. Fold in carefully so that the batter does not collapse.
- Wash 1 lime thoroughly and grate the zest. Carefully add to the batter and fold in.
- Line a springform pan with baking paper and pour in the batter. Bake at 180°for about 20 minutes. Let cool well.
- Next, mix cream cheese, Philadelphia, and plain yogurt well until a creamy mixture is formed.
- Wash 2 more limes and add their grated peel to the cream. Add 250 g of brown sugar.
- Finally, add 2cl lime juice (or alternatively 2cl cachaca). Place the finished cream in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the cooled cake layer into three equal-sized layers.
- Now it's time for layering: First, place one cake layer on a platter and spread with 1/3 of the cream. This is repeated with the second and third cake layers. Finally, spread the remaining cream all around the cake and decorate as desired (in my case with a lime). Refrigerate until ready to serve.