Today I wanted to create a nutty sauce to my pasta. Combined with a few braised carrots and some tomato paste is also really a delicious alternative to a standard tomato sauce. Without paying a lot of attention to it, it has even become vegan. Enjoy! -Josefine
- 400 ml Crushed Tomatoes
- 5 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 3 Handful Walnuts
- 1 TBSP Tomato Paste
- 1 TBSP Currypaste
- 2 TBSP BBQ Sauce
- 1 TBSP Tomato Ketchup
- 1 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt, Pepper, Italian Herbs
Here’s how to do it
- First, chop the onion and sauté in a saucepan. Add the agave syrup and let it caramelize.
- Chop or grind the walnuts and add to the carrots.
- Next, add the tomato paste and curry paste and heat briefly.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Now the sauce is finally seasoned. Add the tomato ketchup, BBQ sauce, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Adjust the quantities to taste.
- Let simmer until the desired consistency is reached.