Chicken with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
I could not imagine I would like rice with coconut flavor. But I was pleasantly surprised. Together with the chicken breast, the teriyaki sauce and the pak choi, the rice makes a perfect mixture.-Nicole
- 300 g Rice
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 600 g Chickenbreast
- 1 Red Onion
- 400 g Bok Choy
- 8 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 2 TSP Honey
- 10 g Fresh Ginger
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Salt, Pepper
Here’s how to do it
- First, cook the rice. Put it in a pot with about 500 ml of water and 200 ml of coconut milk and bring to a boil. Once it boils, lower the heat and let simmer until it is done. If necessary, add a little more water.
- While the rice is cooking, we can prepare the chicken. Wash, dry and cut into cubes of about 1-2 cm.
- Peel and cut the onion.
- Now you put the chicken breast with some oil in a pan and fry it for about 3-4 minutes. Then add the onions and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the bok choy into bite-size pieces and clean well. There will most likely be dirt between the leaves.
- When the chicken is almost completely cooked, add the bok choy and fry for another 2 minutes. Don't worry about the volume, just like spinach it will collapse.
- Meanwhile, peel ginger and garlic and chop both finely.
- Mix with soy sauce and honey for a teriyaki sauce.
- Add sauce to the chicken and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Slightly loosen the coconut rice in the pot and season with salt.
- Finally, season your dish with salt, pepper and cilantro.
- Serve your chicken breast and rice together on a plate and enjoy.