Last week I showed you how to make honey bread. Today I have a chocolate version for you. -Nicole
- 250 g Margarine
- 250 g Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 100 g Flour
- 2 TSP Baking Powder
- 400 g Dark Chocolate
- 100 g Ground Nuts
- 100 g Ground Almonds
Here’s how to do it
- First, put the following ingredients step by step into a bowl and make a dough: margarine, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, ground nuts and ground almonds.
- You can also take only ground nuts or only ground almonds, up to your taste.
- Now melt 200 g of the dark chocolate and add to your dough.
- Now put the dough on a baking tray, which should be lined with baking paper or greased with butter. The baking tray should have a slightly higher edge. If you don’t have such a baking tray, you can fold the edge of baking paper.
- Now bake your chocolate bread for about 20 minutes at 180 °C. First use the circulating air option, after about 10 minutes switch to top/bottom heat.
- Let your bread cool down once it’s ready.
- When it has completely cooled down, melt the remaining 200 g dark chocolate and spread it on your pastry.
- When the chocolate is dry, you can cut your chocolate bread into pieces. It can be stored perfectly in small containers.