Ready for a Sunday treat? Here comes a chocolate cake which is sure to please almost the whole family. The recipe is from my grandma and I absolutely love it. Have fun.-Nicole
- 200 g Margarine
- 350 g Sugar
- 1 Pck. Vanilla Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 375 g Flour
- 1 Pck. Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Baking Cocoa
- 200 g Whipping Cream
- 100 g Dark Chocolate (alternatively: chocolate icing or powdered sugar)
Here’s how to do it
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Put the margarine, sugar and vanilla sugar in a bowl and mix well. Then gradually add the eggs.
- Now weigh out the flour and sift it into the bowl together with the packing powder – again mix everything well.
- Do the same with the baking cocoa.
- Since the dough is now somewhat firm, slowly add the whipping cream. Mix carefully.
- Put the dough into your baking dish, I usually use a Gugelhupf mold, and bake your cake for about 1 hour.
- Tip: Since every oven bakes a little differently, I would advise you to check on your cake after about 30 and 45 minutes. If you are not sure how well-baked your cake is, test with a stick.
- Let the cake cool in the mold before you take it out.
- Finally, melt your chocolate and coat your cake with it. You can also use chocolate icing or powdered sugar.