Chocolate Ring Cake with Curd Cheese Filling
After a long time I wanted to make another ring cake and have been looking for a good recipe. The result is this juicy chocolate bomb with delicious curd cheese filling. You need a lot of ingredients, but for us it was worth it. Due to the juicy dough, the cake is still good to eat even after several days. -Josefine
- 150 g Butter
- 350 g Sugar
- 2 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 6 Eggs
- 200 g Dark Chocolate Frosting
- 330 g Flour
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- 5 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- 500 g Curd Cheese
- 70 ml Milk
- 100 g Whipping Cream
- 1 Pk. Vanilla Pudding Powder
- Powdered Sugar
Here’s how to do it
- For the chocolate dough, melt the chocolate frosting and stir in the butter until a liquid mass is formed. In a mixing bowl, mix together 220 g sugar and a tablespoon vanilla extract. Add 4 eggs one after the other.
- Mix flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Gradually add milk. Mix everything well. Pour 2/3 of the dough into the ring form and pull up the edges.
- For the curd mixture, mix 130 g sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract and vanilla pudding powder. Stir in the remaining 2 eggs. Finally, stir in the curd cheese and pour everything into the form. Mix the remaining chocolate dough with the cream and pour it on top of the curd cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for about 60 minutes. Let cool completely and dust with powdered sugar.