with peas, broccoli and spinach
Dark Veggie Burger With Homemade Patty
Being a vegetarian and eating burgers – that doesn’t really go well together, right? Well, I think it does! There are great vegetarian or vegan alternatives to traditional burger patties. These range from potato versions to falafel to cereal fritters. But I am particularly crazy about the ones, that are served in my favorite burger shop, which I have used as an inspiration for my own creation.The burger patties are colored with vegetable charcoal which can be bought in most stores. Tastes exactly like a “normal” burger roll – but looks much cooler!-Pauline
Not only me, but also my boyfriend (definitely a non-vegetarian!), were enthusiastic about this delicious and healthy alternative. The patties will surely be back on our dinner table! With this in mind: Enjoy it and send me feedback how you like them!
- 1 Broccoli
- 1 Handfull of Baby Spinach
- 1 Can Peas
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 1 Burger Bun
- 1 TBSP Ketchup
- 1 Slice Cheese
- 1 Slice Tomato
Here’s how to do it
- First, wash the broccoli and cut it into small pieces. You can use a food processor to grind it finer.
- Now pour off the peas, put half of them in a large bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Then, chop the parsley, press the garlic clove and add both.
- Next, add the rest of the peas, broccoli and spinach and knead well until you have a tough mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then you can form the patties and fry them in a pan with some olive oil.
- At the same time, toast the burger buns and cover them with the remaining ingredients.