A perfect side for your next barbecue
Fresh Summer Salad with Chickpeas, Feta & Mint
For me, a perfect barbecue always includes a fresh salad. The version I'm showing you today can score with a few extra proteins in addition to lots of crunchy veggies. The freshly chopped mint gives the salad an oriental, summery touch. Since the salad is well filling thanks to the chickpeas and feta, it's not only a great side dish, but also a main course if you're in the mood for something light. Be sure to try it out and let us know how you liked it 🙂– Pauline
Nutrition: Full Recipe: 1.873 kcal (153 g Carbs / 112 g Fat/ 60 g Protein) per serving (total of 8): 234 kcal (19.1 g Carbs / 14 g Fat / 7.5 g Protein)
- 3 Bell Peppers (Salad)
- 2 Onions (Salad)
- 2 Pickles (Salad)
- 300 g Cocktail Tomatoes (Salad)
- 200 g Feta Tip for the vegans among us: Tofu makes a great substitute!
- 2 Avocados (Salad)
- 2 Cans Chickpeas (approx. 400 g)
- 1 Handfull Fresh Mint (Dressing)
- 5 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar (Dressing)
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil (Dressing)
- Salt, Pepper (Dressing)
- 1 Lime (Dressing)
Here’s how to do it
- First, chop all ingredients and place in a large salad bowl.
- Squeeze the lime, cut the mint and mix both in a small bowl with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Tip: To keep the salad fresh and crisp for longer, it is recommended not to cut the cocktail tomatoes and to add the dressing just before serving.
- Enjoy – maybe with a refreshing cold drink or two.