Indian Lentil Soup
Today I have an Indian lentil soup recipe for you. I like lentils very much and in combination with curry, coconut milk and ginger it tastes just wonderful. And the lime juice also adds its own touch. Simply great. Have fun trying it!-Nicole
- 300 g Chicken Breast
- 1 Leek
- 3 Carrots
- 1 piece Ginger (walnut-size)
- 1 TBSP Oil
- Salt, Pepper
- 2-3 TSP Curry Powder
- 100 g Red Lentils
- 400 g Crushed Tomatoes
- ½ l Vegetable Broth
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 2 TSP Lime Juice
- Ground Coriander
Here’s how to do it
- Wash the meat, pat dry and cut into small cubes.
- Clean the leek and cut in half lengthwise, wash thoroughly and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the carrots and cut into small cubes.
- Peel the ginger and finely dice it as well.
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the meat on both sides.
- Add the leek, carrots and ginger and fry briefly.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with curry powder.
- Rinse the lentils and add to the chicken-vegetable mixture.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and the broth.
- Bring everything to a boil and let simmer, covered, over medium heat for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the coconut milk to the soup, stir in and heat briefly.
- Season the soup with lime juice, salt, pepper, a little ground coriander and a little curry powder if desired.