Low Carb Veggie Pizza
A light alternative to regular pizza.I have an absolute weakness for Italian food, so here comes another classic, the pizza, as a modified version. Due to the low carb dough (can be ordered online), this version is significantly lower in calories and higher in protein – perfect for a conscious diet, but still tastes great. My version is, as expected, vegetarian and is characterized in particular by lots of garlic, fresh roasted vegetables and spicy Gorgonzola. The pizza gets an extra portion of protein from the Skyr cheese (substitutable also by Feta). The topping can be varied according to preference.– Pauline
Nutrition per Pizza: 555 Kcal/ 27 g/ Fat/ 17 g Carbs/ 43 g Protein
- 1 Low Carb-Pizza Dough
- 200 g Broccoli
- 100 g Zucchini
- 100 g Crushed Tomatoes
- 75 g Skyr Cheese
- 30 g Gorgonzola
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Salt and Pepper
Here’s how to do it
- First, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In the meantime, wash the broccoli and zucchini, cut them into small pieces and fry them with the oil in a pan until the vegetables are soft and lightly browned.
- Place the pizza base on a baking tray and spread the crushed tomatoes on it.
- Season both the vegetables and the pizza with salt and pepper.
- Now top the pizza with skyr cheese, basil, gorgonzola and the vegetables and top with the pressed garlic clove.
- Then put the pizza in the oven for about 15 minutes. – Done!:)