“Magnum” Ice Cream Bars
When I think about summer, one thing I always look forward to is sitting outside and eating ice cream. If I had to choose a flavor, chocolate and nut would definitely be on top of the list. As a kid I loved the Magnum ice cream with the chocolate almond coating. So today I decided to try a slightly different version of that, with more protein, less sugar, but just as delicious!Tip: If you don't have ice cream molds (I don't :)) just use bar molds, they work just as well.-Natascha
Nutrition (per bar): 136 Kcal (6.7g Fat | 15g Carbs | 8g Protein)
- 1 Banana (frozen)
- 30 g Protein Powder (I used Proteinworks Choc Peanut Cookie)
- 1 TBSP Peanut Butter
- 60 g Plain Yogurt
- 120 ml Almond Milk
- 30 g Dark Chocolate (Mine was the sugar free version by GoodSam)
- 15 g Peanuts
Here’s how to do it
- Add the banana, protein powder, peanut butter, milk and yogurt to a blender and process.
- Fill the mixture in your ice cream or bar molds.
- Melt the chocolate, chop the peanuts and mix together. Then spread on top of your ice cream bars.