Hello all! Today we had steaks for dinner because we still had some meat from our organic cow in the freezer. I have cooked the meat sous-vide in a water bath to get it nice and juicy inside. For this recipe, you will need a vacuum sealer (with two u, all right, thank you autocorrection) and a device that can keep the temperature consistent (cooker, stick, or thermometer). If you try this at home, let me know how you like it!-Josefine
- 3 Beef Steaks
- 2 Onions
- 5 TBSP Red Wine
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Mustard
- Salt, Pepper, Rosemary
Here’s how to do it
- For the marinade, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, red wine, and mustard. Season with salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Cut onion into rings (feel free to make them a little thicker) and add. Chill the marinade for at least an hour.
- Now coat the steaks individually with marinade and place in a vacuum bag and vacuum seal. I like to add the remaining marinade to the bag to make everything a little creamier, but that is up to your taste.
- Now the steaks need to be cooked in a water bath at 57.5°C for about 70 minutes.
- After cooking, the steaks are seared in a pan on both sides and can then be served immediately.