with Salmon, Crabcake, Avocado, Cucumber & Carrot
18 Nori Rolls
I always thought that making sushi at home was super time-consuming and not very promising. But I wanted to try it anyway, and what can I say – I was definitely convinced of the opposite.Once you have the basic ingredients, everyone can fill their Nori rolls to taste, so also highly recommended for a tasty evening with a small group of friends or family.Tip: a sharp knife is essential!-Natascha
- 3 Nori Sheets
- 1 Cup Sushi Rice
- Rice Vinegar
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1/2 Avocado
- 50 g Salmon
- 1 Crab Cake
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
- 1 TSP Sugar
Here’s how to do it
- First wash a cup of rice and then boil it in one and a half times the amount of water. Once the rice has completely absorbed the water, add a teaspoon of sugar mixed with some rice vinegar. The rice should be sticky. Let it cool down well.
- In the meantime, cut the fish and vegetables into thin strips.
- Place a Nori sheet with the rough side up on a bamboo mat. Now spread some rice on the bottom. Make sure to leave about 1cm distance to the edge. This works best with wet hands.
- Next, spread some wasabi and soy sauce over it, then place the sliced vegetable and fish strips centered on top of the rice.
- The next step is rolling: Dry your hands well and start rolling from the bottom with the bamboo mat.
- If the Nori sheet does not hold together, add some water to the end and stick it together.
- Cut the sushi with a very sharp knife. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds and garnish with Srirachamayonnaise. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.