Today I've got another cake for you. I used a Gugelhupf mold, simply because I like the look. This time it is a basic recipe from my mom, in which I have adapted little things. I often bake in small molds since there are only two of us. If that's the case for you too, you can easily halve the quantities in the recipe.-Nicole
- 250 g Margarine
- 200 g Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Almond Flavoring
- 250 g Flour
- 1 Pck. Baking Powder
- 100 g Ground Hazelnuts
- 100 g Ground Almonds
- 40 g Chocolate sprinkles
- Powdered Sugar
Here’s how to do it
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Put the margarine and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Then add the eggs little by little.
- Now add the almond flavoring.
- Then weigh the flour and sift it together with the baking powder into the bowl. Mix everything well.
- Now add the ground nuts, almonds and chocolate sprinkles. Again, mix well with the rest of the dough.
- Since the dough is now somewhat firm, add a small sip of milk.
- Pour your batter into your mold and bake for about 1 hour. Since every oven bakes a little differently, I would advise you to check on your cake after about 30 minutes and also after 45 minutes. If you are not sure how well-baked your cake is, test with a stick.
- Let the cake cool in the mold before you take it out.
- Finally, dust your cake with powdered sugar.