Nut Ring Cake
This recipe is wintry and spreads Christmas vibes, so this is perfect for christmas time. It’s super easy and fast and I like it all year round. Perfect for everyone who likes sweet pastries without any cream or fruit. Enjoy! – Nicole
- 300 g Flour (Dough)
- 2 TSP Baking Powder (Dough)
- 100 g Sugar (Dough)
- 1 Pck. Vanilla Sugar (Dough)
- 1 Egg (Dough)
- 125 g Butter (Dough)
- 1 Egg White (Filling)
- 100 g Sugar (Filling)
- 1 TSP Almond Flavor (Filling)
- 1/2 Egg Yolk (Filling)
- 200 g Ground Hazelnuts (Filling)
- 8 TBSP Water (Filling)
- 1/2 Egg Yolk
- Almond Paste Optional
Here’s how to do it
- First, put the ingredients for the dough in a bowl and knead them by hand.
- Form the dough into a ball and let rest in a cool place while we work on the filling.
- For the filling, beat the egg whites until stiff. While beating, slowly add the sugar. Now add the almond flavor, egg yolk, the ground hazelnuts and the water to the beaten egg whites.
- Now that the filling is ready, we roll out the dough as a rectangle and carefully spread the nut filling on it.
- If you wish, you can now spread the almond paste on one long side.
- Now carefully roll up the dough, starting with one long side (if you used almond paste, use that side) and place it on a baking sheet to form a wreath.
- Mix the remaining 1/2 egg yolk with a little milk and brush the cake with it.
- Finally, cut it a few times diagonally.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes at 175-200°C. Use a wooden stick to test if your cake is ready.