Oat Cookies are so simple and yet so delicious. I made a chocolate version today, but if you are not a fan of that, just leave out the chocolate drops. This tastes just as good. Have fun.-Nicole
- 120 g Soft Butter
- 50 g White Sugar
- 60 g Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 120 g Wheat Flour
- 140 g Oats
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- 1/4 TSP Cinnamon
- 70 g Chocolate Drops
Here’s how to do it
- Put the softened butter with both kinds of sugar in a bowl and mix well.
- Now stir in the egg.
- Then add the wheat flour, baking powder and oats and knead everything into a dough.
- Finally, add in the chocolate drops. If you want to make the dough without chocolate, simply skip this step or divide the dough and make one half with and one without chocolate.
- Let the dough chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator.
- Use a teaspoon to take small portions of dough out of the bowl and form them into balls with your hands. Place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper and press them slightly flat.
- Put the tray in the oven for about 10-13 minutes. When you take the cookies out, they may or should still be a little soft. Once they have cooled, preferably on a wire rack, they will become harder.