Today I want to show you a classic Panna Cotta. Instead of gelatine I have chosen agar agar, a vegetarian alternative made from algae. You can get it either in well-assorted supermarkets or online. It worked great and I only needed about 10 minutes of preparation time. This dessert asks for very little ingredients and is easy to prepare for guests.-Natascha
Nutrition per serving: 530 Kcal 25.6 g Fat | 73.3 g Carbs | 3.2 g Protein
- 250 ml Whipping Cream
- 1/2 TSP Agar Agar
- 150 g Sugar
- 200 g Strawberries
- 1 Lemon
Here’s how to do it
- Prepare the agar agar according to the package instructions. Mine called for dissolving the powder in some water and then bring it to boil while stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream with 140 g sugar and the juice of the lemon and heat it up. Stir well so that nothing burns.
- Add the agar agar mixture, mix everything to a smooth mixture and fill into three glasses.
- These are now placed in the refrigerator. In the meantime, we dedicate ourselves to the strawberries. Heat them in a pot with 10 g sugar and let them simmer for a few minutes. Then puree them.
- When the cream has set, spread the strawberry sauce on top, decorate with some fresh strawberries and serve cold.