Potato Sausage Casserole
Today I have another casserole recipe for you. This time for the potato lovers among you. Combining them with sausage creates a super delicious taste. For those who do not eat the whole casserole immediately, you can easily reheat it. Just give it a few minutes in the oven or microwave.-Nicole
- 1 kg Potatoes
- 1 Onions
- 3 Sausages
- 200 ml Whipping Cream
- 1 TBSP Flour
- 200-250 g Shredded Cheese
- Paprika Powder
- Garlic Powder
Here’s how to do it
- First, wash and peel the potatoes. Now you can boil them directly in salted water or cut them into thicker slices beforehand (then they won’t be so hot later when it comes to slicing).
- While the potatoes are boiling, cut the onion into fine rings and the sausages into small pieces.
- Mix the cream with the flour and stir well with a whisk. Then add the spices and herbs. If you don’t have fresh herbs, you can also use dried ones. Mix everything well with each other. Be careful not to add too little seasoning, because this mixture is the only seasoning for the casserole.
- When the potatoes are ready, drain them and let them cool. Then cut them into thin slices.
- Then put a layer of potatoes in the baking dish (about half). Spread half of the onions and half of the sausages on top. On top of that, add half of the cream mixture.
- In the same order, spread the rest of your ingredients on top. First the potatoes, then the onions and sausages, followed by the cream mixture.
- Finally, add the cheese on top. You can use any cheese you like, I prefer Gouda.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C and enjoy!