I made this cake for my son's first birthday. Inside hides – surprise – a rainbow. The cake itself is super easy to make, it just takes a little time to create the different layers.– Josephine
- 180 g Sugar
- 270 g Flour
- 1/2 Pck. Baking Powder
- 2 Pck. Vanilla Sugar
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 100 g Raspberries fresh or frozen
- 400 g Whipping Cream
- 300 g Mascarpone
- 200 g Plain Cream Cheese
- Food Coloring in various colors
- Sprinkles and further decoration
Here’s how to do it
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Take mascarpone and cream cheese out of the fridge.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and a packet of vanilla sugar until the mixture has at least doubled in size.
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt and sift into the egg mixture. Fold in carefully – Otherwise the dough will fall apart.
- Divide the dough into five equal portions and color each with food coloring.
- Now pour the first portion of dough into a small springform pan and bake for about 10 minutes. Repeat this process with each layer separately. Letting the springform pan cool down after each one helps creating more beautiful layers.
- For the filling, whip 400 g of cream and set aside in a cool place.
- Mix the mascarpone and cream cheese with a packet of vanilla sugar.
- Now I heated some raspberries with the other packet of vanilla sugar for light coloring. Let cool and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Finally, gently fold in the cream so that the mixture does not fall apart.
- Now alternate layers of your baked dough and filling cream in a cake ring and set aside in a cool place. When the cream has set, remove the cake ring and spread the leftover filing on the sides of the cake.
- Use sprinkles and candles for decoration.
Looking for more inspiration?
Find another recipe for a colorful sprinkle torte right here.