with rice and avocado
Although we used to spend our vacation time at the North Sea every year when I was a kid, I am not really crazy about fish. But there is one kind, that I really like and that is salmon. This recipe always reminds me of sushi, you could probably use raw fish as well, but I personally just don’t like it that much – so the salmon for my bowl is always cooked in the oven with a delicious marinade.-Natascha
Nutrition per serving: 700 Kcal 30.9 g Fat | 57.6 g Carbs | 50.5 g Protein
- 150 g Rice
- 2 Carrots
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 500 g Salmon
- 1 Avocado
- 1 TBSP Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Sriracha Mayonnaise
- Sesame Seeds
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
Here’s how to do it
- First, we are going to make the marinade for the fish. In a small bowl mix some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and mustard. Season with salt and pepper and press the fresh garlic into it.
- Place the salmon in an ovenproof dish and spread the marinade over the entire upper side. Then cook at 200°C for about 20 minutes – the time can vary depending on how well cooked you like your fish.
- In the meantime, cook the rice and then mix with the sesame oil. This is the basis for the bowl and is spread on the bottom of your plate or bowl.
- Next, peel the carrots and the cucumber and cut them into fine strips. Cut the avocado into thin slices and spread everything on top of the rice.
- Take the salmon out of the oven, cut it into small chunks and add it to your bowl.
- Garnish with scallions, sesame seeds and sriracha mayonnaise before serving.