Spinach Feta Scones
Most of us probably know scones from British movies. They are often served as a sweet accompaniment to afternoon tea. But the biscuit dough can also be made into a savory snack. Just give it a try!-Natascha
Nutrition per scone: 172 Kcal (8g Fat | 17g Carbs | 7g Protein)
- 175 g Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 TBSP Butter or plant-based alternative
- 1 Egg vegan alternative: 1 TBSP Flax Seeds & 3 TBSP Water
- 120 ml Almond Milk
- 25 g Parmesan or plant-based alternative
- 100 g Feta or plant-based alternative
- 50 g Spinach
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
Here’s how to do it
- Put flour and baking powder to a large bowl.
- Add butter and mix with a fork until you have little flour butter crumbles.
- Next, add almond milk and form a dough.
- Fold in Spinach, Feta and Parmesan.
- Split the egg in two small bowls. Add one half to the dough and mix well. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and then form 8 scones.
- Place your scones on a baking tray. Beat the second half of the egg and brush them with it. Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.