Sprinkle Cake with Cream Cheese Spread
Let’s party! This cake invites you to celebrate and is certainly THE eye-catcher at the next family celebration. Of course, the decorating did not go super well for me, but I‘m sure you can do better 🙂 Taste-wise, the cake can also convince: A fluffy base meets a light cheese cream, which I have colored blue in this attempt.-Josefine
- 3 Eggs (Dough)
- 150 g Sugar (Dough)
- 100 g Flour (Dough)
- 1 TSP Baking Powder (Dough)
- 1 TSP Salt (Dough)
- 400 g Cream Cheese (Cream)
- 80 g Powdered Sugar (Cream)
- 2 TBSP Vanilla Extract (Cream)
- 200 g Whipping Cream (Cream)
- 1 Vanilla Bean (Cream)
- optional: blue food color (Cream)
- 50 g Dark Chocolate Frosting (Topping)
- 1 Ice Cream Cone (Topping)
- 1 Lime (Topping)
- Sprinkles (Topping)
Here’s how to do it
- For the sponge cake base, beat eggs with sugar for 5 minutes until foamy and the mixture doubles in size. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and sift well. Now gently stir into the egg mixture. Do not stir on high speed, otherwise the foam will disintegrate!
- Grease a cake pan (∅16cm) only at the bottom. Pour the dough into the pan and bake at 180°C for about 25 minutes. Then let cool completely and cut into 3 layers.
- For the cream, beat cream cheese until creamy and add food color if desired. Sift powdered sugar well and place in a separate bowl. Add vanilla extract, and scraped vanilla bean. Now whip the cream until stiff and slowly drizzle in the sugar mixture. Finally, carefully stir in the cream cheese.
- Now layer the cake: Place one base (preferably the „lid“) on a cake plate. Spread with a generous amount of cream cheese mix. Place the next cake layer (the center) on top of the cream and spread again with a generous amount of cream cheese mix. Place the last base (now the actual base) all the way to the top and spread cream cheese all around.
- Finally, place a lime on the cake and cover with melted chocolate frosting. Put ice cream cone on top and garnish everything with sprinkles. Refrigerate until ready to serve.