A delicious vegan alternative to the classic Bolognese sauce, which not only convinced me but also my husband so much that no other Bolognese has been made in our kitchen since.-Natascha
Nutrition per serving: 515 Kcal 3.5 g Fat | 88 g Carbs | 22.3 g Protein
- 400 g Spaghetti
- 400 ml Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Lentils
- 1 Stalk Celery
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Onion
- 2 TBSP Tomato Paste
- A Splash Red Wine optional
Here’s how to do it
- Cook the pasta with a teaspoon of salt in water until al dente and at the same time cook the lentils in a smaller pot.
- Cut the onion into small pieces and sauté in a pan, then add the celery and carrots and tomato paste.
- As soon as the lentils are cooked, add them to the pan and fry them briefly. Optionally deglaze with a splash of red wine, then fill up with the crushed tomatoes and let simmer.
- Add the garlic clove and then season the sauce with the spices.
- Serve with the pasta.