Vegan Date Bites with Coconut & Pecans
The vegan date bites are a great alternative to a regular piece of cake to your coffee. Not using flour makes them gluten-free – so they are great for anyone with intolerance. Except for the dark chocolate, no industrial sugar is added. The dates serve as a natural sweetener and are full of healthy nutrients. The pecans and coconut serve as a source of good fat and also ensure that the bitesare well satiating.Besure to try it out!-Pauline
Nutrition (per bite) 310 Kcal (23.0 g Fat | 22.5 g Carbs | 5.5 g Protein)
- 100 g Dates Dough
- 100 g Ground Almonds Dough
- 30 g Shredded Coconut Dough
- 1 TBSP Date Syrup Dough
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon Dough
- 3 TBSP Water Dough
- 50 g Cashew Kernels Cream
- 200 g Coconutmilk (full fat) Cream
- 100 g Dark Chocolate Topping
- 1 TBSP Nut Oil Topping
- 30 g Pecan Nuts Topping
Here’s how to do it
- Cut the dates into small pieces and soak them in boiling water for half an hour. Do the same with the cashew kernels.
- Refrigerate the coconut milk.
- Put all ingredients for the dough except the ground almonds in a blender and process.
- Pour the liquid mixture into a bowl and add in the ground almonds.
- Flatten the dough between two sheets of baking paper and place on a baking sheet.
- Remove the top baking paper, clean the blender and puree the cream ingredients as well.
- Spread on the dough.
- Microwave the ingredients for the topping at 700 watts for one minute in a porcelain bowl. Add on top of the bites.
- Finally, top with pecans.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and cut into 8 bites.