cashew-based & refined with hazelnut cream
Vegan Italian soft cheese
Many people are increasingly trying to eat a plant-based diet, mainly for ethical or environmental reasons. While there are already many alternatives to meat and milk, some of which are also very nutritious, the choices for cheese are quite limited. The conventional substitutes from the supermarket often cannot keep up with the original in terms of taste and nutritional value and contain numerous additives.In the following recipe, I have created a healthy cheese variant with Italian herbs on cashew basis and refined with hazelnut butter. Therefore, compared to the supermarket product, the cheese contains many healthy fats and has a fantastic fresh and tangy taste due to the numerous herbs.Feel free to give it a try and leave us a comment telling us how you liked it!-Pauline
Nutrition: Total (4 mini cheeses): 882 kcal (68 g Carbs / 56 g Fat / 30 g Protein). Per Mini Cheese: 220 kcal (17 g Carbs / 14 g Fat / 6 g Protein)
- 3.5 oz Cashews
- 4 TBSP Corn Starch
- 4 TBSP Yeast Flakes
- 2 TBSP Apple Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Hazelnut Butter
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 TBSP Italian Herbs
Here’s how to do it
- Soak cashews in water overnight.
- Place in a blender with all the ingredients, except for a tablespoon of Italian herbs, and blend well.
- Heat the mixture in a pan until it becomes a thick cream.
- Pour cream into four muffin tins.
- Chill in the refrigerator for four hours.
- Turn out finished mini-cheeses from muffin tins and roll in 1 tablespoon Italian herbs.