mit Rote Beete und Ziegenkäse
Seasonal and regional cooking is actually quite a good thing – sustainable through short transport distances and the food does not have to be planted in a greenhouse needing a lot of energy. In German cuisine I can think of two foods that are almost exclusively on all menus in the corresponding season: Asparagus in summer and pumpkin in fall. I personally love both and therefore cook with these ingredients a lot when they are available. To add a little variety it’s good though to have a few different recipes, so here’s a fall inspiration – with pumpkin, of course. -Natascha
Nutrition: per serving: 799 Kcal (16.9 g Fat | 114 g Carbs | 27.4 g Protein)
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 Flatbread Dough alternatively Pizza Dough – if you have some time, you can always make one yourself
- 120 g Soft Goat Cheese
- 1 Red Beet
- 100 g Feta Cheese
- Spices: Salt Pepper, Oregano, Chili
- Optional: Fennel to garnish
So wird’s gemacht
- Cut the scallions into small pieces and sauté them in a pot. Add the agave syrup and let it caramelize.
- Wash and slice the butternut squash. Sprinkle with some oil and bake in the oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes. Afterwards the pumpkin should be soft.
- Place the dough on a baking tray and spread the goat cheese on top. Season with salt, pepper, oregano and chili.
- Cover with the pumpkin. Next, cut the beet into slices. Dry with a paper towel and then also place on the dough.
- Finally, sprinkle with some feta and agave syrup. Bake for about 25 minutes at 180°C.
- Optionally garnish with fennel before serving.