Multi-tasking in the kitchen is essential for me. While I’m cooking, I like to prepare something else on the side or at least clean up the kitchen as much as possible. That’s probably one of the reasons I’m a big fan of oven dishes – they give me time for everything I like to do at the same time. These omelet muffins are a delicious low-carb breakfast that can easily be adapted to any taste – if you like omelets 🙂
- 4 Eggs
- Salt, Pepper, Fresh Herbs
- A filling of your choice, e.g. Mushrooms, Spinach, Tomatoes, Salmon, Bacon, Scallions, Bell Pepper, Cheese
Here’s how to do it:
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Chop the ingredients for the filling and add to your muffin tin.
A few of my favorite combinations include:
- Spinach, Salmon & Feta
- Tomato, Bacon & Scallions
- Mushrooms, Spinach & Pepperjack
- Corn, Bell Pepper & Gouda
- Ham & Asparagus
- Broccoli, Feta & Walnuts
Beat the eggs in a bowl, add some milk and season to taste. Then also pour into the muffin tins until the other ingredients are well covered.
Bake for approx. 30 minutes.